Tuesday, March 4, 2008

the start of our ice storm March 4, 2008

we have lost power once already.....and are now under a Level 3 emergency.....ice is building thick everywhere....may be as thick as 3/4 inch by morning they say! The ice is blowing against the sides of the house and lines and mailbox. The entire house is covered with ice. I could barely get my garage door open to go pick up Noah early from school....it was covered with a thick sheet of ice. I imagine tomorrow is the sun comes out or even once it is daylight....it could be a beautiful site to see...if I can get out I may try to take some photos.....but if it is not safe I am staying put here! The bird chimes below froze during mid swing...the wind is whipping around like crazy and as things freeze however they are blowing is how they freeze fast! All these photos were taken through glass......so they are not the best quality....well except the bird chime. I will have to get OUTside and take some tomorrow if I can.

Here are a few shots I snapped before daylight ended:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I have no idea why it looks like there are spots of fire in my backyard there in the grass....maybe it was a reflection from my camera on the glass window.....very odd looking though...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow...cool wind chime photo. We have NOTHING like that here. Just a little bit of ice on the trees, but nothing that significant. Hopefully you guys will keep your power tonight.

Audrey wants to leave you a comment too...here it is.

WOW... that is so bad and we have NOTHING like that oh and nice photo of the wind chime

Melinda said...

Miss Audrey I certainly hope you feel better soon. Noah is wanting to come spend the night with YOU!

LOVE YOU LOTS! yes.....the ice is unbelievable! I will try taking some really good shots tomorrow...in the daylight. The wind chime one is pretty cool though....it is frozen solid SIDEways like it is blowing in the breeze!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now, that's icy! Beautiful pics. Stay warm and safe.

Paz