Wednesday, April 20, 2011

40-minute homemade hamburger buns....


I saw this recipe on YUMMLY.com ...(Go here for the delicious recipe...I can't seem to get my link to work....but copy and paste it!)

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/40-Minute-Hamburger-Buns-Recipezaar

for homemade hamburger buns...and they looked so delicious...and it was such an easy sounding recipe...I thought I would give them a try. I only had enough ingredients to make half a batch...but WOW..they were the best, easiest, quickest recipe for any type of homemade bread I have ever made. They MELT in your mouth and would be good to use even for a hot roll!


INGREDIENTS
2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp salt
3 to 3-1/2 cups flour

1.In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add oil and sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
4. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 to 5 minutes, adding flour to get rid of excess stickiness.
5. Do not let rise.
6. Divide into 12 pieces and shape each into a ball.
7. Place 3" apart on greased baking sheets.
8. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
9. Bake at 400° for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose I might get to taste one on Sunday???

Melinda said...

haha..no..I am probably bringing hot rolls....but they will be good too

Patty said...

They sure look delicious.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you.

And Happy Easter to Noah.