Sunday, July 8, 2007

some shots of bumblebees...

I am not a huge fan of purposefully hanging around anywhere there are bees....I have been stung many times and would like to avoid it in the future if possible...but when I was at my parent's house yesterday for a belated birthday my dad was telling me about these huge bumblebees that hang around in the yard by the sunflowers and other flowers...and while he was talking....here came the big-butt bees!

SO I had to try to snap a few shots....and standing from afar and zooming in did not capture the shots I wanted......so I decided to overcome my fears and stand as close as possible and use my camera's MACRO mode to "get up close and personal!" Below are a few of the results

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

Here is a different bumblebee enjoying the sunflowers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

Check out the wing on this one....it reminded me of stained glass windows

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great macro photography! And you did this with a 5 megapixel digital???

Melinda said...

thanks!

Yes believe it or not it is only a 5MP! haha.....everyone asked me yesterday and I did not even know....is not marked on the camera and I forgot. I finally saw it on my code and an ad for the camera...pretty dumb!

hence....PHOTOGRAPHYFORDUMMIES! haha

Janet said...

Wow! Great photos. You are a true Lincoln!
Thank you for commenting on my blog, and keep up the great pictures.

Melinda said...

thanks for your visit and comments! I enjoyed my visit at your blog and will be back!

Anonymous said...

I dropped over from your Dad's site. You take some super pictures.

Melinda said...

Thanks Steve G. for stopping by and the encouraging words!

SPK said...

love the top one, it's like he is basking in the pollen!