Saturday, March 14, 2009

OLD SCHOOLS THAT HAVE SEEN BEEN DEMOLISHED.......

WHY WOULD ANY CITY DEMOLISH SUCH A BEAUTIFUL OLD SCHOOL IN THE PAST INSTEAD OF TRYING TO MAINTAIN IT AND KEEP IT AS PART OF THEIR HISTORY/HERITAGE? THIS SCHOOL WAS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS AND I WISH IT WAS STILL THE SAME SCHOOL HERE TODAY....BUT IT IS NOT. IT WAS REPLACED WITH A MORE MODERN SCHOOL BUT THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO SO EVEN THAT SCHOOL IS NOW OUTDATED, AND OF COURSE IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THIS OLD ONE. I LOVE THIS KIND OF ARCHITECTURE AND WHILE THERE ARE STILL MANY PLACES AROUND TOWN SIMILAR TO THESE OLD SCHOOLS TODAY....I WISH THERE WERE MORE. I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN ONE WOULDN'T YOU?


HERE IS ANOTHER SCHOOL IN THE SAME COUNTY....ALSO BEAUTIFUL..ALSO NOW GONE. SO SAD TO ME.



THIS ONE REMAINS TODAY BUT HAS BEEN MODERNIZED...ALL THE FANCY ARCHITECTURE IS MISSING...AND THE SCHOOL HAS BEEN ABANDONED. IN FACT..IT WILL BE AUCTIONED OFF SOON. I PRAY THEY ALSO DON'T JUST DEMOLISH IT. I HAVE SEEN THE INSIDE AND IT IS STILL VERY USABLE AS A SCHOOL...OR SOMEONE COULD TURN IT INTO A LARGE HOME I SUPPOSE. I PERSONALLY WISH IT WOULD BE TURNED INTO A SPECIAL SCHOOL FOR SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS.....BUT DOUBTFUL THAT WILL HAPPEN.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Yes sometimes things seem like such a waste. But probably these older schools were very drafty, and easier to tear down then to try to fix them up to standard. I thought they were going to make Brookville's old school into some sore of a Center or even apartments for Seniors, but did none of it, they just knocked it down.

Melinda said...

yeah that was a waste too...and now there is nothing there at all but an empty field