Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Full Buck Moon July 7, 2009! AWESOME raspberry colored moon!




WOW...did you all see this moon last night as it was rising? It was awesome! SO LARGE and SO RASPBERRY in color!! A few Indian tribes have also called the Full Buck Moon "Full Blood Moon" or "Raspberry Moon" or even "Red Berries Moon" because when it rises it appears reddish in color. I could not believe I had the chance to see this moon exactly like that as it first rose last night!

The Full Buck Moon is known as such because it is the time when buck deer sprout velvety new antlers. It can also be known as the "Full Thunder Moon" because thunderstorms are more frequent during this month. It symbolizes a time of harvesting and enjoyment of crops of the season. To some this is the "Blessing Moon". Energy moves into creation. Opportunities for self-reliance and confidence, unity and balance abound. It can also be known as the "Hay Moon" or "Meadow Moon" because the meadows are at their greatest point of growth in this month and it is a time for hay cutting. Some have even called it "Ripe Corn Moon," "Herb Moon," "Grass Cutter Moon, and "Hungry Ghost Moon."

5 comments:

Patty said...

I didn't see it red, but it was bright later on.

Melissa said...

Wow, what a pretty moon! I did not see it either, I've never seen one like that before.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! Too bad I missed it. I would have loved to see it in person and take a photo. Too bad I don't live near you. I'd beg you to call me anytime you see something like this, so that I'd have a heads-up and go running outside to take my photo. ;-))))

Paz

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm wondering if this special moon appeared in honor of your birthday?

Paz

Tomate Farcie said...

I don't remember ever seeing this color before. Orange, yes, but pink? Wow, great catch!