Friday, November 14, 2008

I take my camera with me everywhere I go now.......

last night my son and I headed to the park as the sun was setting as we had not been there for awhile and he had a bite of supper to eat. It was very dusky and hard to see.....we saw a bird come in for a landing at the one pond at the park and my son thought it was a duck. I looked and said "NO...it's the crane!" SO since I had my camera I got it out and took some shots. Problem is....unlike the last time I shot pics of the crane in the daylight....this was almost shooting pics in the dark....and you could barely see anything. The crane got in the water and caught a very large fish for his supper....and took it to the shore to eat...then got back in the water. It was dark by the time we left.

I lightened up a few shots...just to give you an idea...but they are still pretty crappy as the images on my camera all seemed to blend in together. I lost all detail....even with a flash one time. ALL these shots were MUCH MUCH darker to start with......it was near dark when we arrived. From what I could see I believe it was actually a Blue Heron.......






1 comment:

Patty said...

Yes, it's been getting dark so early, the other night it was rainy and it was dark by 5:30. Way too early in the evening, no wonder we're all so sleepy so early at night. LOL