Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dogs Deserve Better......hopefully HELP for Joe.....


I have been doing research online about city ordinances and such trying to find other means of tackling the Joe the dog situation via the dog feces issue. SURELY that is a way I can get him help.

BUT meanwhile during my search I came across this wonderful site......Dogs Deserve Better (CHECK MY SIDE BAR FOR A LINK)......and they may be able to help. They are a nonprofit organization dedicated to freeing chained up and penned up dogs. They do amazing things for these animals...get them help and in many cases new owners and living situations. They can help build a nice fenced in area for the dog that is appropriate for them....etc. They can place the dogs in foster homes until they are adopted out into new loving homes. The information on their site is tremendous and they have many helpful links to help out dogs such as Joe.

SO I have forwarded them all my information on Joe and am hopeful they will be able to step in and help him in another way entirely since I have not been successful in getting him any help via the Humane Society.

PLEASE check out their site...link on the right.....

I will keep you updated as I find out anything.

This is a place I would like to get involved with as I really believe in what they stand for.

4 comments:

Patty said...

If they would just get him a larger fenced in area where he could run more and a clean area would be wonderful for the poor ole fella.

Anonymous said...

This sounds a wonderful organization. When I have some time, I'll check out their site. I really hope they can help Joe. Yes, please keep us informed on what happens.

By the way, who are the owners -- a family, single parent, single person, elderly person? Who? Just wondering about the makeup of the family who can't take proper care of a dog.

Paz

Melinda said...

no excuses for the owners..a young couple with kids.....and another dog and cats INSIDE their home that they take good care of. They have not done well with another dog OUTSIDE in the past a long time ago either. In fact that dog ended up running away.....ended up at the pound. My grandma called them to tell them the dog catcher took their dog and to call and where to get the dog. They said they were not going to even go get the dog. They used to chain that one up outside on their front porch all the time in all sorts of bad weather.....even as a puppy.

Anonymous said...

*sniff* Unbelievable. I'm sure this question has been asked before but why get a dog just to treat him/her that way? And why are they treating Joe differently from the other dogs. I believe in the law of Karma. What comes around, goes around....

Paz (going back to the salt mines now)