Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update on Joe the dog..........

well my efforts to help finally resulted in a confrontation with myself and one of the owners of Joe. To SPITE me and keep me or my son Noah from having contact with the dog......seeing into the pen easily......touching him......feeding him treats....or anything.....they took down the one end of the picket fence on Joe's pen that faces my grandmother's house....and put up a large privacy fence piece instead.




SO now Joe cannot see out of this end of the pen.....to see what we are all doing on this side....we cannot easily even see him at all unless we go to the backside of my grandmother's garage area or come down the alley the other way....as that side of his fence area is still open to "view" things. My uncle still went over to pet Joe the other day even though the owner said if she catches any one of us on their property they will call the police. I feel so bad for Joe. I was there last night and would normally have gone over to hug him and talk to him and kiss him and give him treats. This was all I could see instead. I did YELL over to him "HI JOE!" and I heard him bark. This makes me incredibly sad and upset. I feel really badly for Joe....whose sad life probably has become even sadder now as he has limited gaze upon the outside world or any signs of affection toward him with this big fence section up.

I doubt these owners even got a permit to put this fence piece up. SO..instead of doing what was right for Joe and making the pen livable for him.....and spending any money on HIM.....the owner out of spite.....spent money on a fence section and put it up instead.


I think she is a wicked bitch. Sorry.....but it is what it is.

For reminders of what Joe looks like and his conditions check these photos out...and the movie clip link below.......

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



here he is last year after the blizzard......after most all of the snow had melted.....again....he was outside....the entire f'n time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Here is a clip of his conditions as they have been pretty much ever since I moved back to the area 3 years ago....the owners did finally put some straw down, but have yet to ever clean up dog poop in the pen.

Click here to watch 'neglect-of-a-petpoor-Joe'

AND to make matters worse...Tom the cat I have been taking care of with the help of my grandmother...until I can take him to MY home in the future that allows cats......seems to have either been shot in the face with a BB gun or pellet gun or got into a fight and bit by another animal or cat. I am not sure..I did not think to take photos of his face last night. The wound does not seem to bother him much and it looks clean and dry and not infected.....he can eat okay. I will have to go back and take photos and monitor the situation and take him to the vet if he needs treatment. I hope these neighbors have not done something to Tom. I may have to bring Tom here to live in my house or backyard before I am in a place that allows pets...just for his safety.

9 comments:

Patty said...

Poor ole Joe. His life has been a living hell. I guess they have put some straw down again, but what good does that do if they still don't clean up the dog doo. I can only imagine how that must smell in hot weather. I'm surprised the neighbors with the high white privacy fence don't complain, unless the smell doesn't go over to them. It would be interesting if someone took a survey of the neighbors as to what care they think Joe gets. Feeding him and giving him water and taking him to a Vet now and then isn't all there is to owning a dog. They're like kids, they need some attention and made over, they love companionship. He's stuck out there away from his family.

Melinda said...

well the neighbors put up the white fence so they would NOT HAVE TO SEE Joe and the conditions he was living in. I am SURE they have to smell something in warm weather as you can even smell it in some areas at grandma's house in the yard walking around. EVEN NOW it smells.

Yes they did put straw down but NO they did not clean up any poop before or since. In fact....they have NEVER cleaned up any poop. The only way the poop gets cleaned up is by water erosion and snow erosion......dried by winds...etc.

When I asked the woman why she just did not clean up the pen and poop she said she did NOT HAVE TO.....it was their property and she said it was ONLY dog poop and they did not have to clean it up....and on and on how much she LOVED the dog.....I told her she was crazy and she did not know what LOVING anything meant.

AND yes....now Joe will not get any attention at all by US.....as that is the owner's goal. BUT uncle M. went over and wiped Joe's eyes off the other day and petted him anyway.....which you can still do if you step to the one side of the big fence section. I just hope the owners don't fence him in all the way around.

I don't understand people like that...and never will. It is probably best Joe is NOT around them.....inside their house or otherwise....as they probably mistreat him then as she kept going on and on about how he used to chew things up so badly. Poor dog needs some play time and place to run, etc...to burn off his frustrations and energy.

This makes my stomach so upset even thinking about it.....no wonder I have had intestinal issues since this all played out.

Anonymous said...

When somebody says, "You live a dog's life," I don't think they are referring to the way Joe lives.

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

Poor Joe, this is such a sad story. I agree you should report her to anyone that will listen!

Melinda said...

I HAVE reported her to authorities for the past 3 years. Nothing has changed except she has put some straw down in Joe's pen.....not enough....and she never cleans that.....but there is straw there now.

Otherwise....no one has done anything to change things.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Horrible!! Mean!! Cruel!!! I wonder what else in those people's lives they are trying to hide?

Poor Joe! And, yet, as bad as it is, he still has a better life than some other poor animals.

Marian Dean said...

Awful, just awful. How can an owner of an animal treat it so? She ought to have it taken from her, I hope she does.
I feel sick and saddened and knowing it goes on all over the world doesn't make this one case better.
Love Granny

Dawn Fine said...

Well this just makes me want to cry...Is there something else that can be done..Can we do an online petition or something?

Just Roaming The Cities said...

Any updates on this dog now? I found your blog through Abe's. I like it :) But now I feel really bad for this dog. Lets send Ceasar over to him! He could whisper to him.
Take Care, from Minneapolis :)